Congratulations on your pregnancy!
At Birth 1st, our goal is to help you have positive experiences with childbirth, breastfeeding and your early postpartum days. Our classes are a fun and relaxed combination of Lamaze birthing techniques and birth doula teachings.
If you would like to discover safe and healthy ways to bring your baby into the world, we can provide you with useful and empowering techniques to help you on your journey!
We offer Lamaze Certified Childbirth Education Classes, breastfeeding classes and newborn care classes in the privacy and comfort of your home at a time that is convenient for you.
Our childbirth classes and doula services are available in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Nassau County and Suffolk County.
Classes are also available in Spanish, and Portuguese, if desired.
Your comfort and convenience are most important to us!
If you would like more information about our birthing classes or doula services, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
We look forward to having you in one of our classes! Thank you!
It is recommended that you schedule your birthing classes to end by the time you are 36 weeks pregnant.
Lamaze Childbirth Preparation Series
Safe and Healthy Childbirth & Parenting Classes
It’s not just about breathing!
Lamaze classes offer evidence-based comprehensive education for parents-to-be. Lamaze seeks to empower you as you explore how your body was designed for birth, and encourages you to work with your body’s natural abilities. Classes includes normal labor, birth and early postpartum; positioning for labor and birth; safe and healthy relaxation and massage techniques to ease pain; labor support; communication skills; make informed decisions about medical procedures; breastfeeding; and healthy lifestyles. Lamaze encourages bonding between you and your baby, with the importance of skin-to-skin contact and time to get to know your new baby.
Lamaze Fundamentals for Birth
- Birth is normal, natural, and healthy.
- The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
- Women’s inner wisdom guides them through birth.
- Women’s confidence and ability to give birth is either enhanced or diminished by the care provider and place of birth.
- Women have a right to give birth free from routine medical intervention.
- Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers, and hospitals.
- Childbirth education empowers women to make informed choices in health care, to assume responsibility for their health, and to trust their inner wisdom.
Childbirth Education Class
Private In-Your-Home Class: $300
One Day 6-hour Intensive Class or
Two Day 3-hour Class:
A personalized version of the traditional 12-hour series.
- Private class in the comfort of your home.
- Pick the times and dates that are most convenient for you.
- Customize the class to your interests.
- Designed exclusively for busy couples with limited time or availability.
- Provides essential information and skills for preparing for labor and delivery.
- Also available via Skype!