Childbirth Education Classes & Doula Services – Birth 1st
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
At Birth 1st, our goal is to help you have positive experiences, in birth, breastfeeding and your early postpartum days. Our classes are a fun and relaxed combination of Lamaze birthing techniques and birth doula teachings.
If you would like to discover safe and healthy ways to bring your baby into the world, we can provide you with useful and empowering techniques to help you on your journey!
We offer weekend and midweek Lamaze childbirth education classes, breastfeeding classes and newborn care classes in our new, comfortable and convenient location in Astoria, Queens, NY. Our location is within easy reach of the surrounding neighborhoods of Long Island City, Greenpoint, Sunnyside, Woodside, Elmhurst, Jackson Heights, Forest Hills, College Point, Rego Park, Corona, etc.
In addition to our group classes, we also offer private in-home classes in Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn. Classes are also available in Spanish, if desired.
Check our other pages to see which class and which time works best for you! Your comfort and convenience are most important to us!
If you like more information about our birthing classes, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
We look forward to having you in one of our classes! Thank you!
It is recommended that you schedule your birthing classes to end by the time you are 36 weeks pregnant.
Lamaze Fundamentals for Birth
- Birth is normal, natural, and healthy.
- The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
- Women’s inner wisdom guides them through birth.
- Women’s confidence and ability to give birth is either enhanced or diminished by the care provider and place of birth.
- Women have a right to give birth free from routine medical intervention.
- Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers, and hospitals.
- Childbirth education empowers women to make informed choices in health care, to assume responsibility for their health, and to trust their inner wisdom.
Brand New, Comfortable and Convenient location:
31-87 Steinway Street, Suite 6 (corner of Steinway & Broadway)
Astoria, N.Y. 11103
Easily accessible by public transportation:
Bus - 101, 104, 18, 66, 102
Subway - M, R, N, Q