Lamaze® Childbirth Preparation Series
Safe and Healthy Childbirth & Parenting Classes
It’s not just about breathing!
DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) ALL CLASSES ARE ONLINE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Lamaze® classes offer evidence-based comprehensive education for parents-to-be. Lamaze seeks to empower you as you explore how your body was designed for birth, and encourages you to work with your body’s natural abilities. Classes includes normal labor, birth and early postpartum; positioning for labor and birth; safe and healthy relaxation and massage techniques to ease pain; labor support; communication skills; make informed decisions about medical procedures; breastfeeding; and healthy lifestyles. Lamaze encourages bonding between you and your baby, with the importance of skin-to-skin contact and time to get to know your new baby.
Lamaze® Fundamentals for Birth
- Birth is normal, natural, and healthy.
- The experience of birth profoundly affects women and their families.
- Women’s inner wisdom guides them through birth.
- Women’s confidence and ability to give birth is either enhanced or diminished by the care provider and place of birth.
- Women have a right to give birth free from routine medical intervention.
- Birth can safely take place in homes, birth centers, and hospitals.
- Childbirth education empowers women to make informed choices in health care, to assume responsibility for their health, and to trust their inner wisdom.
Private Childbirth Education Classes
Exclusive In-Your-Home or
Virtual Classes: $600
One Day 6-hour Intensive Class or
Two Day 3-hour Class:
A personalized version of the traditional 12-hour series.
- Private class in the comfort of your home!
- Pick the times and dates that are most convenient for you.
- Customize the class to your interests.
- Designed exclusively for busy couples with limited time or availability.
- Class provides essential information and skills to prepare for labor and delivery.
- Video conferencing is available via Zoom, FaceTime, and Skype.
3-Hour Private Childbirth Session
Exclusive In-Your-Home or
Virtual Classes: $300
Designed for your personal needs.
- This is NOT a full class
- The options can be varied or targeted specifically or generalized information. Some options may be:
- Comfort measures – breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization
- Pain Medication Options – epidural and more
- Cesarean birth – regular and gentle
- Induction option – medical and natural
- Stages of labor – understanding the range from normal to uncommon
It is recommended that you schedule your birthing classes to end by the time you are 36 weeks pregnant.